Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fledgling Carolina Wrens



A pair of Carolina Wrens built a nest in the garage of my studio, LJ Franklin Photography www.ljfranklinphotography.com, New Richmond, Ohio - raising  five babies.

The other morning I went out to take pictures of the feathered babies; knowing they would be leaving the nest soon.  Above is a wonderful image I captured of them -- eager to fly.

Whenever I take photographs of wildlife babies, I make an effort not to disturb their activity.  I take photos quickly -- 10-15 seconds and then walk away. The parents are always close by frantically scolding -- just like any protective parent. I do not want the parents to stress to the point of abandoning their young.


And then I went out later in the afternoon and found them out of the nest!  How quickly they mature.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. LJ